One of the best things about my job is the variety of the work. In a two-week period in June, this was my work schedule:
- indoor climbing workshops and a lecture at the Arc'teryx shop in Piccadilly, London
- site-specific training and assessment in gorge scrambling and rock climbing for volunteer holiday leaders in north Wales
- SPA training course in the Peak District for four staff members from a climbing wall in Norwich
- one-day navigation workshop in the Lake District
- multi-pitch rock climbing in the Lake District with a below-knee amputee
The site-specific training and assessment in north Wales was with a great team from West Runton Holidays. Our last blog post was about clients who inspire. These guys were inspiring in a different way - in a busy world where we are all pressed for time, they are willing to give their weekends and holidays to provide great experiences for young people. Some of the group are volunteer leaders, and they were joined by others who came to be guinea pigs and enjoy the fun. These photos were taken at the Afon Ddu gorge, near Betws y Coed.