WRITTEN by ANNE ENSOLL
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Such wise words from Gandalf. We're in exam season with Sam at the mo, so we're changing the way we do blog posts for the next few months. Here's the plan: we'll publish one blog post in May, one in June, and one in July. We're aiming for May 18th, June 15th, July 13th. From the beginning of August we should be back to normal with one post each Friday.
For the last eight years, whilst we’ve been home schooling Sam, there have been many ideas for exciting projects that have been pushed on to the back burner, for that elusive day “when there’s time”. Many of those are gone forever because we didn’t write them down, but there are plenty more waiting to be dusted off, reassessed, and either ditched or worked into our goals and to-do lists (well, my to-do list – Chris isn’t big on lists). Great ideas that there simply hasn’t been time for might see the light of day in the second half of this year - and we may just get around to trying our hand at videos, which some of you have requested.
In the meantime, why not check out our ten most-read blog posts?
1. Crampon Review and Comparison
2. Cow's Tails: Dynamic Rope or Sling?
3. Top Tips for Progressing from Mountain Leader to Mountaineering Instructor
4. Reflections On 25 Years In The Outdoor Industry
5. So What Do You Actually Do On A Contour Masterclass?
6. Crampon Review & Comparison: Petzl Vasak Lever Lock, old vs new
7. Do You Recognise The 10 Early Warning Signs Of Hypothermia?
8. So What's The New Rock Climbing Instructor Qualification All About?
9. My Story #6: Esther Foster, Freelance Outdoor Instructor
10. What Should You Expect On Your Mountain Leader Training Course?
And if you have any requests for subject matter for future blog posts, we'd love to hear from you!